Join Tib and Rob in their wacky journey through retro games and help them save our childhood memories!
You asked for it, and it is finally here! Eccentric independent studio La Moutarde and video game publisher Playdius announced today that wacky rhythm game Old School Musical is now available on Nintendo Switch™ (EU/US) and PC (Steam) for 12,99$/12,99€. Tib and Rob’s crazy adventure through retro worlds is just getting started!
Old School Musical is a retro rhythm game with a unique chiptune soundtrack that will send you back directly to the golden years of the 8-bits era. The main protagonists, Tib and Rob, have been trained to become video game heroes. One fateful day, their game gets corrupted by a bug invasion, thus pushing them to embark on an unlikely journey to find their missing mother and save our childhood games! Your skill, their success: miss any note and Tib and Rob’s adventure will fall flat… Literally!
Swing a crowbar, shoot with your spacecraft and defeat an evil chicken army to the beat of chiptune tracks from famous artists such as Dubmood, Zabutom, Hello World, Yponeko and Le Plancton. Discover over 50 tracks, composed exclusively for the game! The OST is also available for purchase on Steam and other music platforms. You can discover some tracks of Old School Musicalfollowing this link.
And that’s not it! You thought you would be free from our wackiness once the Story Mode is finished? NO SIR! Old School Musical also features a extra storyline with game modifyers to enjoy new ways of playing. Discover even more retro levels and chiptune tracks, and unveil what Tib and Rob don’t want you to know in the main plot…
- Story Mode: Lead Tib and Rob in their crazy adventure filled with humor
- Arcade Mode: Reach the highest score and challenge your friends (if you have any)
- Challenge Mode: Play it hard with visual and audio penalties to unlock new music tracks
- 50+ chiptune tracks by the best of the chiptune scene: Dubmood, Zabutom, Hello World, Yponeko, Le Plancton
- Travel through 20+ retro levels, inspired by our childhood games
- A multiplayer mode with up to 4 players